Sunday, August 30, 2009

Buongiorno!

After Greece, it was back to Italy. Next stop, Naples. Took a tour of Pompei, which was amazing. It's insane to think that the area was covered in lava in 79AD and still exists for us to see. Well, it mostly exists anyway.
This picture is inside the Roman baths at Pompei...one of my favorite pics I took.

After Pompei, we went into town to a pizza place our taxi driver recommended as being not as touristy. It was there that I had the best pizza of my life. Seriously, I don't know how anything will ever compare to it. I was almost sad when I was finished with it because it was over. Glorious!!!
Next stop was our day in Rome from the ship, and we took a tour of the Coliseum and Forum with our sexy guide Bruno. These guides are unbelievable with how much detailed info they know about everything you see. Again, it was amazing to see how much still existed almost 2000 years later and to hear stories about the gladiators and the history of the place.
Next stop, Pisa and Florence. Booked a tour through the ship to see as much as possible in one day. Went to Pisa first to get our official tourist 'holding up the tower' pictures. Here's mine...
Then it was on to Florence, which was beautiful. There's so many museums and churches I wish we could have visited but there wasn't time. We did a lot of walking through town with our guide and learned a lot of the background of the city. We saw a replica of the famous David statue, walked through the city center and saw so much beautiful architecture and sculpture.
Are you tired of hearing about my vacation yet? Well, it's almost over. I'll keep you waiting for my last installment because I need a break! : )

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Great job holding up pizza... I mean Pisa! :)

That really looks like an awesome trip!!! Can't wait to read more!