Monday, February 15, 2010

Blog On

I helped out as a rep during this past week's press event, and my assignment was helping corral the 'Social Media Moms Celebration' conference that coincided with the press event. At first I thought these were just moms who blogged about Disney and life as a mom, but it turns out most of them are all making money off their blogs. The 150-ish moms listened to a bunch of different speakers (the CEO of Build-A-Bear, Kathy Ireland) and networked with each other, learning the best ways to use social media to their advantage. I listened to a man (Guy Kawasaki, who they all knew and were excited to see) speak for an hour about Twitter and how to use it to sell yourself. I never knew that much thought went into tweeting! Of course, I thought mulitple times that all of my favorite mom bloggers should be doing the same thing. You're all so entertaining and crafty, so what are you waiting for?!?
I hope you all keep popping out kids because at this rate, your kids will be in college by the time I have children and they won't want anything to do with mine! I guess if all else fails I'll have babysitters ready to go. : )
In non-kid/mom related news, I need a new vacation to plan. I mean, Keri has like 17 planned for the year, I feel way behind! I'm probably going to Vegas in September, but I need something in between. Although I will most likely be moving in June since Lauren is moving to Jacksonville, so I should probably cool it on vacation planning since I'll have moving expenses to deal with. Ugh. I hate moving so much!
Alright, gotta go focus on the TV..Hoarders is about to start. That show is totally addictive and makes me want to clean out my closet immediately!

2 comments:

Angelle said...

You can plan to come to Melbourne in June and hang with us!

I read lots of blogs who are paid for various things. Seems like a fun way to make some cash. Dunno that anyone outside of our group would be interested in what I have to say though. :)

Christina said...

I actually would think that as a non-mom you could come up with a pretty witty blog about all of the crazy things that all of us "breeders", as my sister calls us, do. :-)