Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another Baby That's Not Mine...

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get this info up...I know you were all on the edge of your seats when I was on Baby Watch this weekend! I spent Saturday night at the hospital, hoping my friend Aida would have her baby. One nurse promised she'd have it by midnight, so we were getting excited. Then midnight came and went without much change. Three other women on the floor had gone into labor, so the staff was busy and didn't want to push Aida along any faster.
Got a call from Aida's husband Mike around 7am that they were finally going to start pushing. After three hours of pushing, they decided to do a C-section. I can imagine how pissed Aida was, since she'd stated earlier in the night that she wanted them to just cut that thing out already! So Natalie Victoria was finally born on Sunday, April 20 around 1pm. She weighed in at 8 lbs and 20 inches long. Here's a pic I took on Monday before she started hysterically crying...
She's a beautiful baby and mommy's doing great. They took her home yesterday and are getting used to their new life without sleep. Aida says that Natalie is a nocturnal baby, so they are having fun with that. Thanks to all of you for checking in to see how things went. I wish I could have stuck around Melbourne for the beach...I love all the pics I've seen. I have so many favorites from Erica's site that I can't even pick...Halle's 'rockstar' picture, Mike and his girls, the pic of Ella in her white hoodie (looks like a pic that comes in the store-bought frames!) and especially the big pic of all the kids together on the beach- love it!!! It was great to see you all and I look forward to a more extended visit in October for Hive!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

OMG.. three hours of pushing! POOR AIDA! Glad they finally got Natalie out of there. She's a cutie!

Keri Donald said...

It was good to see you too. You definitely had a good reason for skipping out early though. :)

Glad we'll get to see lots more of you in October!

Mike said...

yay for babies! It was good to see you! Thanks for calling me back too! =P j/k. i'm sure you're busy checking Mariah's blog every hour.

Erica Lynn said...

awe she's a cutie .. I'm bummed we didn't get to hang out more on that Saturday. I can't wait til October :)