Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sex And Th........

So I'd been looking forward to the Sex And The City Movie ever since the idea of it was even mentioned. I loved the show so much and still watch repeats on TV even though I have all the seasons on DVD. We planned to go see the movie on Friday, opening night. We lined up outside our theater 45 minutes before the movie so we'd get good seats. The movie started, the theater cheered, and I was so happy. And then...disaster. About 40 minutes in, the film broke. The lights came up, and the women got angry. The poor theater manager came in and said it would be 10-15 minutes to fix it. 30 minutes later, the movie started again, but a little farther than where we'd left off. Again, the women were beside themselves, yelling "Rewind! Rewind!" About ten minutes go by, and the movie goes out again. Repeat crazed women. Finally, after the third time the movie went out, the manager told the theater that was it, they weren't going to be able to fix it. As we exited, we heard various women yelling at the manager... "We had to get a babysitter! How will you compensate us for that?" The lines at Guest Services were very long and full of emotional, aggravated, and dejected SATC lovers. We were pretty disappointed, but figured being nice to the man at Guest Services would increase our chances of getting more compensation. We ended up getting a refund plus two free movie tickets each, so it worked out.

I went Saturday night to try again, and was able to see the movie all the way through. (Plus I went to pee in the middle and didn't miss anything since I'd already seen that part! Bonus!) Of course I loved it. I had to hold back a few sobs because I'm a sucker for a good love story. It was a very well made movie and had great funny moments (involving poop, which always gets a thumbs up from me) and plenty of drama. Plenty of crazy outfits, and a stunning, flowing wedding gown I would love to have. This pic doesn't do it justice, but it was so pretty and probably only works on someone built like SJP, but I still love it! So, I give the movie two thumbs up and highly recommend it to all ladies and gay men, plus any boyfriend/husband that gets dragged along.

I'm watching the MTV Awards right now and Johnny Depp just won his second award. He is so dreamy! I can't help but think that I could be there with him right now, cheering him on. If I hadn't moved in 5th grade, I would have gone to high school with him, and we would have dated, fell in love, and lived happily ever after. His life without me must feel so empty!
Final note: I love Rainn Wilson.

1 comment:

Erica Lynn said...

We have a girls night planned for Wed. to see SATC :) Can't wait!

I just watched the MTV awards online since I forgot it was on last night .. Johnny Depp is seriously so hot!